Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh just another normal TUESDAY!

If i go out, I ALMOST always have to put on a face. In girl language...that just means I need to put on make-up.

The face i put on when i go to work is a lot different than the face i put on when i go out. Why? because I work at an ophthalmologists' office...where
a) there's seriously NO ONE to impress
b) most of our patients are old(which means unattractive)
c) all the patients are either diagnosed with glaucoma or have some form of cataracts, which basically means...they're blind...so they wouldn't be able appreciate the effort we put on our face even if they tried.
d) it's just too early in the morning for me to try that hard!

Therefore, my face looks like your typical plain jane asian girl! Basically not appealing!

Last tuesday... must have been my lucky day. I didn't look any different than any other day. Two patients complimented me...uhm well i dont' know what to call it. Not sure if should even consider it a compliment.

A 52 year old woman began by complimenting me on my outfit...cool, whatever. Then she talks about my looks, uhm ok cool again, whatever. I'm trying to learn to take compliments from people, so respond with a simple thanks. She kept on egging it on...and it started to feel weird. I just smile and finish up with screening her. Before she leaves, she asks...if i have a boyfriend and I kind of laugh it off like "its none of your business, i dont' wanna answer you" . I took it kind of offensively when she said...you must have a lot of boyfriends. UHM no lady...im a loyal girl who only sticks to one person! If i am in a relationship with one person...i only have eyes for them. My eyes do not wander at all. Her last words to me were, "If I were a guy, i'd go after you." OMG woman...that's freaky. You don't even know me. I really found it really strange and was not flattered at all! Next time she comes in, I'm going to try to minimize conversation with her and be in and out!

Only seconds after she leaves, I bring a 67 year old man to an empty room to screen him. Why does he tell me that I get prettier every time he sees me. CREEPY NO? he's old enough to be my grandfather! GROSS. Old men should never compliment a woman on their beauty..i really think its creepy. Actually, I think there are limits of what a man could say when he's married. If you don't do it in a creepy way its ok. No sexual comments should be allowed!

What a weirdo day, it was!


AND TODAY....it was seriously raining cats and dogs...i haven't seen rain like this in a long time...but i suppose we need it!

No comments: